In The News.....
The Dallas Assembly is pleased to announce its 2017-2018 Board of Directors:
President: Macey Davis
Past President: Wilson Jones
Treasurer: Sunhee Hong
Secretary: Michael Lunceford
Special Events Co-Chairs:
Mattye G. Jones
Sara Madsen Miller
Class of 2017
The Dallas Assembly is pleased to announce its members of The Dallas Assembly Class of 2017.
The Dallas Assembly, founded in 1962, is a nonprofit organization comprised of a diverse group of leaders from the greater Dallas area that have demonstrated exceptionalism and service in civic life, business, education, government, law, medicine, science, or the arts. Past presidents of The Dallas Assembly include former U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Ambassador Robert Strauss, and businessman Norman Brinker.
The Dallas Assembly is committed to fostering informed discussions on key local issues that lead to constructive action. It meets this goal by sponsoring engaging speaker programs and social events throughout the year. The Assembly also hosts a seminar program at a different U.S. or global city each spring. Past seminar cities include San Francisco, Boston, Dublin, Ireland and Havana, Cuba. This year, the Dallas Assembly seminar was held in Rome, Italy. The Assembly’s membership is by invitation only and is limited to 350 members. The twenty-four new members of The Dallas Assembly reflect a diverse cross-section of experience and service in the community, and the Assembly is proud to welcome these outstanding leaders.
The members of The Dallas Assembly Class of 2017 are:
· Irv Ashford, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Comerica Bank
· Cindy Baker, Chief Financial Officer & Regional Vice President of Finance, Marriott International
· Bob Bowlsby, Commissioner, Big 12 Conference
· Larry Casto, City Attorney, City of Dallas
· Key Coker, Dallas Chief Executive Officer, BBVA Compass Bank
· Maurine Dickey, Owner & Vice President of Community Relations, Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc.
· Hilda Galvan, Partner-in-Charge Dallas, Jones Day
· Jennifer Gates, Councilmember, District 13, City of Dallas
· Deborah Gibbins, Chief Financial Officer, Mary Kay Inc.
· Maria Gomez, Principal & Studio Designer, FGG Architects
· Robert Hart, Senior Executive Vice President, Mark Cuban Companies
· Michael Horne, Superintendent, KIPP D/FW Public Schools
· Steve Ivy, Chief Executive Officer & Founder; Co-Chairman of the Board, Heritage Auctions
· Sarah Jackson, Director of Public Affairs, Dallas Citizens Council
· Noelle LeVeaux, Chief Executive Officer, Noelle LeVeaux Concepts, LLC
· Audrey Pinkerton, President, Forward Concept, LLC
· Daniel Podolsky, M.D., President, UT Southwestern Medical Center
· Capera Ryan, Deputy Chairman, Christie’s Americas
· Dunia Shive, Senior Vice President, Tegna, Inc.
· Marvin Singleton, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Hill + Knowlton Strategies
· Dory Wiley, President & Chief Executive Officer, Comerica Street Holdings LLC
· Cheryl Mayo Williams, General Manager, T.D. Jake Ministries
· Gary Wojtaszek, Chief Executive Officer, CyrusOne
Dallas Assembly Member James Waters in The Dallas Morning News...
A black Dallas family "did everything America said we should" but still endures racism daily.. Click to read more
Dallas Assembly Member Taj Clayton in The Dallas Morning News...
Chicago-based law firm expands into Dallas, hiring away 23 lawyers from 8 firms.. Click to read more